SEO? Yeah, nah.
We don't offer SEO. Why not?
Read more to become a 5 minute expert.
SEO can be broken down into THREE basic functions, only two are going to help your website generate more paying business.
1. Technical basics - letting google know what you’re about.
- Adding the site to the Google Index via the Google Search Console.
- Adding sitemap files so that Google knows where to look for pages.
- Using Google Search features and integration such as star ratings and machine readable data.
- Having a well performing site that loads quick, is mobile friendly, and has decent accessibility tags, etc.
2. User Experience (UX) optimised.This is the tricky stuff that makes changes to your site to optimise user experience. What this means is using language that’s aimed at your customers, reducing ‘fluff’, ensuring everything is linked properly and generally making the whole navigation of your site easy and intuitive, increasing your chances of getting positive results.
3. Stuffed it - what paying for SEO usually means.
The quickest way for an SEO company to get ‘ratings results’ that impress their customers is doing things like key-word stuffing, doorway pages and excessive cross-linking just to name a few.
The down-side to this is that it often negatively affects 'User Experience' which means sites struggle to fully engage with actual users, usually because they've been misled by a doorway page, or confused by excessive keyword stuffed paragraphs of jargon rather than plain English.
This is the get-rich-quick scheme of SEO and is often applied to a site that’s hasn’t had the basics sorted properly, doubling down on problems and basically just covering rust with body filler and giving it a quick polish.
Key take-away: A well designed website doesn’t need additional SEO.
We design websites for the Automotive Industry that include the positive aspects of SEO straight out of the box, but we don’t ‘fix’ other sites (sorry). This is why we don’t offer it as a separate service.
So where to from here?
- Firstly, you can get increased visibility simply by optimising your 'Google Business Profile'. You can do this yourself, we've even provided a FREE 'coffee-break' guide below.
- Secondly, get your existing site evaluated. Any good website company should be able to do this and it's a good idea to get an independent opinion. If you just want to get it sorted, we offer this as a $190 service.
- If you really want actual results from your website that convert into more business, investing in an adwords campaign can't be beaten for effectiveness.
Finally, a caveat. While we've provided the above information as a ‘service’, we're also offering a solution / alternative, which means we're not entirely impartial, so take everything we say with a grain of salt. If you're BS detector is redlining, feel free to find another route.
Google Business Profile Guide
If you haven't set up or checked over your Google Business Profile, that's the best place to start.
We've made a weekly guide that'll slowly introduce the Google Business Profile system to you, one smoko at a time.
Ready to pull the pin?
If you already have your Google Business Profile sorted and are ready to just go full steam ahead with the online side of things, flick me an email and we'll get it all sorted out.